Have you been looking for a cordless circular saw for your woodworking or home improvement? Among circular saws, cordless circular saws have gained enormous popularity due to their lightweight and compact design. You will find reviews of the best cordless circular saws in the market and an extensive buying guide as per your budget and requirements in this detailed article.
Here are our Editors Picks of the 3 best cordless circular saws you will find in 2022:
Features to Consider in the Best Cordless Circular Saw
The best cordless circular saw will help you make straighter and cleaner cuts. You can use the saws for sheet materials, heavy timber, and man-made boards. With cordless circular saws, you can make cuts easily and effortlessly.
Therefore, you need to look out for a few essential features while purchasing the best cordless circular saw per your cutting and task requirements.
Power and Battery
Now, the days are gone when you have to work with heavy machines that are equipped with a lot of extension cables. With cordless circular saws, you can complete numerous tasks without getting tangled in the wires.
Circular Saws make use of a battery to operate. So, you need to look for cordless circular saws with excellent battery life. The most commonly used battery is the 20V battery which is readily available in the market. Moreover, they are replaceable.
While using circular saws, there is a considerable difference in the handle position. There are sidewinders and rear handles. However, the handle position varies from region to region.
You can find the rear handle at the back of the tool. Thus, you will operate the tool from the back. These saws are quite heavy and bulky compared to the counterparts. In contrast, the sidewinders are incorporated on the sites of the cutting blade. These are generally compressed and contribute to the tool’s lightweight.
So, you can consider which handle position suits you best to work conveniently.
Position of Blade
Just like the handle position, the cordless circular saws have specific blade positions. Generally, the blade position changes for the sidewinders. The blades are placed on either side of the handle. However, there is no universal position for the blade as you can choose the positions as per your cutting convenience.
You need to find the blade on the side where you are most comfortable at cutting. It will also increase the cutting effectiveness.
You are thinking of buying a cordless circular saw because you want to carry the tool from one place to another. Therefore, the tool should be easily carried and manageable in terms of maneuverability and weight.
The weight determines the maneuverability of the tool. If the saw is heavy, it will be difficult to carry it. Thus, lightweight circular saws make a great choice as you will also need to hold the tool to make cuts.
Bevel Cuts, Cutting Depth and Capacity
The blade size will determine the cutting capacity and depth in a cordless circular saw. The cordless saws have small blades with a standard size of 6-1/2 inches. However, the bigger blade enables you to make deeper cuts.
If the saw has more cutting depth, you will be able to perform more tasks. The models mention the cutting depths at different angles. This is applicable when you have to make complete bevel cuts. Otherwise, the saws can make deeper cuts at zero degrees, and others can make deeper cuts only when angled.
Additional Features Worth Considering In A Cordless Circular Saw
Let’s look at the features mentioned below that can make your cutting process smooth and effortless.
- Laser Guide: It will guide with the direction of blade cutting.
- LED Light: It helps you have a clear view of the area where you are cutting.
- Blade Lock: It will lock the blade while replacing
- Speed Control: The feature will speed up and down the blade according to the material you are working on. It makes sure that you get the neatest cut without draining the battery.
- Handles: Make sure to choose the saw with rubber and molded handles to work comfortably for long hours.
- Warranty: Look for the saws that can provide at least two years or more warranty.
- Dust Ports: Dust ports enable you to connect the saw with a vacuum hose and remove debris and dust.
- Shoe Material: The shoe is generally made from aluminum, plastic, or steel. Aluminum and plastic are lighter and cheaper, while steel is long-lasting and offers extra strength.
Safety Precautions While Working with a Cordless Circular Saw
You need to follow certain rules to safely operate the circular saw. Firstly, make sure you purchase a top-quality saw equipped with a durable blade. The low-quality tool performs poorly and does not include important safety features.
Next, you should wear protection such as gloves or eyeglasses when you work with circular saws. People can suffer from injuries if not operated on carefully. Also, the wood pieces and dust can get into your eyes while cutting.
Apart from that, follow some of the safety measures and practices to make sure you are safe while working with cordless circular saws:
- Make sure that you have set up the cutting parameters carefully. By doing so, you can reduce any kickbacks that can impact the material.
- Never place your finger anywhere near the trigger while carrying. It can accidentally turn on the tool and cause injuries.
- Make adjustments to the saw only after turning it off.
- Look for the models that come with electric brakes to stop the blade during an emergency instantly.
- Consider wearing hearing protection.
Reviews Of The Best Cordless Circular Saws
The best cordless circular saw is an exceptionally reliable and powerful tool that many woodworkers and even DIYers should include in their tool collection. We have shortlisted the six best circular saws based on the effectiveness, functionality, and affordability.
Without any delay, let’s read the reviews and find your perfect woodworking companion.
1 DEWALT DCS391B 20V MAX Circular Saw
The DEWALT DCS391B Cordless Circular Saw is such a durable, lightweight circular saw that lets you get your work done convincingly. DEWALT is a well-known and reputable brand among carpenters, gardeners, and home improvers to accomplish various tasks.
With 5250 RPM no-load speed, the cordless circular saw adds versatility to the skillset with its incredible cutting depth. The tool can easily transform 20 Volt into raw power to cut any type of material. Thus, it can work efficiently with different wood types.
The tool is equipped with a magnesium shoe known for exceptional durability. Moreover, the tool comes with a handle that provides an ergonomic and comfortable grip. The over-molded grip will reduce fatigue as you work for extended periods.
Another impressive feature to note is the compatibility. The tool is compatible with DEWALT tools and other batteries. You can easily share this tool with 20V batteries and other models.
The cordless circular saw comes with 0-50 degrees bevel angles, enabling you to make flexible cuts at different angles. Furthermore, a 6-1/2 inch carbide-tipped stock blade can cut any tough material at 45 and 90 degrees.
- The high strength and lightweight magnesium shoe ensure long-lasting accuracy and durability
- The over-molded rubber grip provides utmost control and balance
- It offers extended power time to make more cuts in a single charge
- It comes with a 20 Volt DEWALT battery sharing system
- The charger and battery is sold separately
2 BLACK+DECKER BDCCS20B Cordless Circular Saw
If you are familiar with woodworking tools, you must have heard of Black & Decker. The BLACK+DECKER BDCCS20B Cordless Circular saw will attract professional and beginners looking for an affordable yet powerful tool.
The circular saw features a powerful and robust torque motor. It boasts easy-to-use bevel adjustments and Depth of cut to make precise angled cuts. Moreover, the 5-1/2 inch blade allows you to make faster and smooth cuts on even the most challenging surfaces.
The tool is a synonym for quality and creative design to fulfill your requirements. The easy-use, lightweight, and compact design enable you to work for hours without any fatigue. Besides, it functions effectively with other BLACK+DECKER batteries.
You can easily make blade replacement with a spindle lock. Also, the tool provides you to make a wide range of cuts to adjust the level at both 90 and 45 degrees. Now, it becomes easier to create smooth, clean, and precise cuts.
The tool is relatively compact compared to most models. Therefore, it makes it easier for you to transport and store wherever you want. Furthermore, the tool offers you control and comfort with the handle. With such size and control, you can easily get done with most DIY projects.
- It has a compact and lightweight design
- It offers to make perfect angled cuts at 90 and 45 degrees
- The tool is equipped with a tool-free depth of cut to make easy depth adjustments
- The model is backed with two-years of warranty
- The shoe of the model seems to be slightly flimsy
3 Milwaukee M18 2630-20 Cordless Circular SawNo products found.
The one thing to notice about the best circular saw is how lightweight they are. They not only enable you to work for more extended periods but also reduce fatigue. Moreover, you can effectively work with them in tight spaces. Milwaukee M18 2630-20 Cordless Circular Saw offers flexibility to perform a variety of tasks.
The tool offers easy-to-access and accurate controls and adjustments. The sturdy shoe of the model comes with an accurate setting and clear markings. Its design allows you quick access to the adjustment knobs. In addition, it comes with the deepest cutting depths.
The blade’s bottom and the top are covered with magnesium guards that protect the unit from outside impacts. Moreover, the heavy-duty magnesium guards ensure utmost durability. Thus, you can work confidently with the tool all the time.
The tool boasts a powerful 5 amp-hour battery. You can efficiently make accurate cuts at a fast pace. The battery offers a high-end performance to work on a variety of surfaces. Also, it comes with electric brakes, which immediately stop the blade as soon as you finish your job.
- It comes with a soft-grip handle for comfort and control
- It weighs just 8 pounds to maintain a lightweight and compact design
- The tool is equipped with a blade guard and an electric brake for safety purposes
- The tool displays leftover battery charge indication to avoid interruptions while working
- It does not come with an LED indicator to determine the blade position
No products found.
4 SKIL CR540602 Cordless Circular Saw
SKIL is known for manufacturing impressive corded and cordless saws loaded with features and light on the budget. The first thing you will notice about SKIL CR540602 Cordless Circular Saw is the compact design. Moreover, its attractive black and red design appeals to the eyes.
If you want the best cordless circular saw for DIY projects, its 6-1/2 inch blade will fulfill most of your requirements. However, you can also use the tool to work at construction sites. With 4,500 revolutions in a minute, the powerful motor allows you to perform a variety of cutting tasks.
The tool comes with a PWRCore 20 Li-ion battery with a temperature management system. It extends the lifespan of the battery and prevents overheating. Apart from that, the tool enables you to make bevel adjustments between 0 to 50 degrees and depth adjustments as per your task requirement.
Last but not least, the tool is equipped with other impressive features. These include a strong dust extractor, a thin-kerf carbide-tipped 24 tooth blade, and easy to grip comfortable handle. Further, the cordless circular saw is easily controllable due to its lightweight.
- It is equipped with easy to grip rubberized ergonomic handle
- The 4.0 Ah battery include a fast charge and a USB port to charge different devices
- The brushless motor reduces heat with the power management system
- It includes LED light to enhance accuracy while operating
- It does not include a dust collector or dust guard
5 Makita XSS02Z Cordless Circular Saw
If you want a cordless circular saw to handle a wide range of small jobs, you can consider the Makita XSS02Z Cordless circular saw. The circular saw is suitable for light to medium-duty tasks due to its compact blade and overall size.
The tool comes with a powerful motor that gives off a speed of 3,700 rpm and a blade size of 6 and a half inches. Further, it weighs just 7.3 lbs., you will not strain your hands even after long hours of usage.
The saw is crafted with an uncomplicated depth of cut and bevel adjustments. With a 2-1/4 inch cutting capacity, you can easily make angle cuts at 90 degrees. You can make 1-9/16 inches of cut at 45 degrees. Moreover, it comes with 50 degrees of bevel capacity.
The model makes use of an 18V lithium-ion battery which is interchangeable. Furthermore, it is compatible with a variety of Makita tools. The lithium-ion battery does not affect memory, meaning you can leave it anywhere, and the battery will not drain.
Lastly, the tool’s motor will stop automatically to protect the battery from excessive drainage. With Star Protection Computer control, it will analyze the battery’s temperature and stop the operation when it gets overheated.
- It is equipped with an inbuilt motor with a speed of 3,700 rpm for faster ripping and wood cutting
- It boasts a unique depth adjustment lever placement
- The tool comes with an onboard wrench for easy blade replacement
- The lithium-ion battery does not cause the battery to drain when not in use
- It does not come with a battery
6 Bosch Bare-Tool CCS180B Circular Saw
Bosch is known for manufacturing high-quality and innovative tools. The Bosch CCS180B is a compact cordless circular saw suitable for carpenters, professional builders, and remodelers. Moreover, it is powerful enough to fulfill your household requirements.
The compact size of the tool makes it handy to carry around the places. Also, the size is great for even heavy-duty tasks. Its powerful 3,900 rpm motor and six-and-a-half-inch saw blade makes the tool versatile to accomplish the most challenging tasks.
The tool boasts a depth of cut gauge and bevel adjustment. They provide enhanced accuracy and consistent locking to make sure that you always get precise cuts. Furthermore, the 50 degrees bevel enables you to make cuts even in difficult areas.
For easy blade replacement, the tool comes with a spindle lock. Apart from that, it is equipped with an anti-snag lower guard for ease of cutting. It also has electronic brakes to stop the blade between frequent cuts in less time.
Not just that, the Motor and Cell protection feature of the tool prevents overloading and overheating. Besides, the footplate and depth bracket is made from high-strength material, which ensures maximum durability.
- The tool is made with high-quality and strength materials for excellent durability
- The circular saw is compact and balanced, with 6.6 pounds of weight
- It features a left-blade design for a clear line of sight for right-hand users
- It comes with a variable bevel to make faster and accurate bevel cuts
- The tool does not include a rip fence
Cordless Circular saws enable you to cut precisely and accurately in no time on a wide range of materials. They are backed with a powerful battery with a high-speed blade to effortlessly push through the material and provide a deep cut as you want. Just release the trigger as soon as you reach the end of the material, and you are left with a neat and clean cut.
Among all the options, the winner is none other than DEWALT DCS391B Circular Saw. With a 5,150 RPM powerful motor, you can cut with precision and ease. Further, it’s the most lightweight cordless circular saw on the list.
With a high-quality and best cordless circular saw, you can turn your time-consuming tasks into effortless operations and maximize productivity. Also, cordless saws are compact and lightweight, making them easy to operate. They are an excellent choice for professional and home usability.
The tools reviewed above come with various advantages and would suit different people with different cutting requirements. So, read the reviews thoroughly to find you’re the best cordless circular saw for various woodworking and DIY tasks.