Planning to do hardwood installations for your upcoming projects? Are you thinking of getting the best flooring nailers for floor nailing? Well, you definitely don’t want to move ahead with manual installation characterized by hammering or use of a mallet; it can be a very exhausting and time-consuming adventure.
Therefore, as a DIY’er, professional wood installer, homeowner a woodworking zealous, driving nails to wood or any other material is fun and an effortless experience. Thanks to modern-day inventions, they have incredibly revolutionized how effective we can handle projects and many other jobs.
Flooring nailers are popular in installing wooden floors, both hardwood, and softwood. They are designed to be powerful and are mostly pneumatic, implying they use compressed air to operate.
As a result, the kind of specific nailer to use, the thickness of floor, project timeframe, and so many other details could be what to ponder before starting off.
But firstly, I take you through some of the flooring nailer reviews model today commanding a lot of praise in top-performance, functionality, and reliability for any kind of project you are looking at.
Table Of Content
- Best Flooring Nailer: Our Top 5 Recommendation
- Best Flooring Nailer Reviews In Details
- Freeman PFL618BR Pneumatic Flooring Nailer
- NuMax SFL618 3-in-1 Pneumatic Flooring Stapler
- Freeman PDX50C Flooring Cleat Nailer and Stapler
- PowRyte Basic 3-in-1 Air Flooring Nailer
- Ramsond RMM4 Air Hardwood Flooring Nailer
- Factory-Reconditioned BOSTITCH U/MFN-201
- 3PLUS HFSNSP 2-in-1 Pneumatic Flooring Nailer
- BOSTITCH MFN200 Manual Flooring Nailer
- 3PLUS HFS509040SP Flooring Stapler
- Ramsond RMM4 Air Hardwood Flooring Nailer
- Best Pneumatic Flooring nailer
- How To Pick The Best Pneumatic Flooring Nailer
- How To Choose The Best Flooring Nailer
- Final verdict
Best Flooring Nailer: Our Top 5 Recommendation
|Freeman PFL618BR||Pneumatic||12 Pounds|
|NuMax SFL618||Pneumatic||15.8 Pounds|
|Freeman PDX50C||N/A||13 Pounds|
|PowRyte Basic||Air-powered||13.2 Pounds|
|Ramsond RMM4||Air-powered||26.9 Pounds|
Best Flooring Nailer Reviews In Details
Freeman PFL618BR Pneumatic Flooring Nailer
This is a user-friendly crafted nailer from the Freeman line-up, the Freeman PFL618BR 3-in-1 Pneumatic Flooring Nailer is not only a versatile tool but one of the most sought after reliable performances today.
I was impressed by the fact that it comes with remarkable capability able to drive 15.5 and 16 gauge staples of between 1-1/2 and 2 inches in length.
If you are always concerned about nailer power, this exceptional model boasts operating power of 70 and 115 PSI, coupled with a high capacity magazine to hold up to 120 of your staples/cleat nails.
Additionally, when it comes to longevity, count on this aluminum body that is ‘o’- ringed sealed to last you long. This is value for your dollars.
Besides, expect the nail gun to come with a built-in filter and a single piece drive. For the convenience of nail shooting ability, you still stand to enjoy two interchangeable ½ -inch and ¾-inch base plates.
Never have the stress of conventional flooring nailers, because this unit is dedicated to providing the extra. This is why it package includes a no-mar rubber mallet, carrying case to protect it from physical damage and store it safely.
- Comes with safety goggles, wrenches, and lubricating oil
- Carries a 7-year warranty
- Shoots powerfully 15.5- and 16-gauge staples ranging from 1 to 2 inches
- Has a 3-in-1 magazine capacity of 100-120 staples/cleats
- Durable die-cast aluminum body construction
- Boasts a long handle padded for comfortable gripping
- Tested and approved before shipping
- Comes with a durable plastic carrying case and a wooden Mallet
- Suitable for ½” – ¾” Solid Tongue and Groove Flooring including Hickory, Maple, Oak
- It doesn’t include a 5/8-inch base plate; you will have to buy it separately.
NuMax SFL618 3-in-1 Pneumatic Flooring Stapler
As a serious wood flooring installer, nothing is as important to your project like a nailer that is powerful and effective. This is what exactly this model of nail gun provides plus the extra.
Become the DIY enthusiast having most of the fun with one of the most multipurpose flooring nailer able to drive staples, I-cleats and t-cleats effortlessly.
Furthermore, the driving power is designed to drive any of your project’s 15.5 gauge and 16 gauge staples as well as cleats within 1-1/2 and 2 inches in length. With a high capacity magazine able to hold up to 120 staples/cleats, you never have any reason to doubt your nailing power.
Thinking of interchangeability expediency of blades? The NuMax SFL618 3-in-1 Pneumatic Flooring Stapler/Nailer will provide you three composite base plates for all 1/2, 5/8, and ¾ inch solid tongue and groove flooring expectations.
If you are careful when it comes to durability and value for your precious savings, never have to worry about this strong and lightweight die-cast aluminum, it will serve you long into the foreseeable future.
Besides, I love the idea behind an included aluminum cylinder that is O-ring sealed, as a seasoned DIY ardent, this is important when you are keen to prevent leaks.
- Has an extra-long padded handle for comfortable control
- Comes with included oil, no mar rubber, and wrenches
- Has a 1-year warranty on gun body plus 30 days on wearable parts
- Boasts a quality single piece hardened driver blade
- Embraces use of L-cleats and T-cleats
- Provides interchangeable base blades of black oxide rail
- Am a little uncomfortable with the fact that the handle isn’t adjustable
Freeman PDX50C Flooring Cleat Nailer and Stapler
One of the valuable flooring nailers under the Freeman brand, the PDX50C 3-in-1 Flooring Cleat Nailer and Stapler is your ideal 9.5 ponds portable nail gun that boasts ease of use for your long projects.
Likewise, the overall weight has been scaled down to eliminate the quest for a prefinished flooring adapter.
It comes with three flooring fasteners (T-Cleats, L-Cleats and Staples) for the convenience of nailing on any kind of material at hand.
Concerned about its durability features? The magazine has been crafted from the long-lasting aluminum and the plate no mar protected to ensure the floor is free from scratches.
Additionally, its one-piece heat treated driver blade ensures you handle smoothly your nailing tasks with stable support from the high quality internal wearable parts and self-leveling front foot.
When it comes to the solid wood tongue and groove flooring, it is able to perfectly handle measurements ranging from 1/2-Inch to 23/32-Inch in thickness.
- It comes with a 3-pound fiberglass handle mallet
- Backed by the Freeman 7-year limited warranty
- Suitable for 1/2″ – 3/4″ Solid Tongue and Groove Flooring including Hickory, Maple, Oak
- Handles 16-gauge T-cleats and L-cleats
- Unfortunately, it doesn’t come with a carrying case
PowRyte Basic 3-in-1 Air Flooring Nailer
If you are about to do nailing on your hardwood or softwood floor, this is the best flooring nailer to use. I like its thanks to its capability to eliminate chances of any gap on your floorboards.
Able to drive both cleat nails and staples excellently, you will be thrilled by the fact that you don’t necessarily need to change magazines. This will improve your nailing speed and boost productivity.
Do you love flooring nailers commanding reliable durability? Unlike its peers and other traditional crafts, thePowRyte Basic 3-in-1 Air Flooring Nailer & Stapler is ergonomically designed with an extruded aluminum staple channel hard-coated to resist wear and tear.
Any nail gun user would like a safe tool that is easy to control; this is why the PowRyte Basic 3-in-1 has a longer handle with rubber grip, to ensure you comfortably enjoy its stability while doing the shooting.
Still, expect the non-marring base to allow you drive the fastener close to the wall.
- Comes with 1/2 inch and ¾ -inch base plates to eliminate scratches and damage to the floor
- Ergonomic design with long handle and comfortable rubber grip for easy use
- Boasts extruded aluminum staple channel hard-coated to resist wear and tear
- 3 in 1 design with T and L cleats
- Boasts operating pressure of 70-120 PSI with nails length of 1-1/2-inch to 2-inch
- The Composite 1/2″ and 3/4″ base plates eliminate scratches and damage to the floor
- Not adjustable to accommodate different thickness
Ramsond RMM4 Air Hardwood Flooring Nailer
Having sold over 30,000 units in the USA alone, Ramsond is known for not only quality products but also durable crafting. This is what exactly this flooring nailer provides your projects. It effortlessly doubles as a nailer and a cleat nailer.
This implies it is able to handle hardwood cleat nailing and at the same time provide you stapling services, thanks to the keen engineering that has been invested in its design.
Additionally, when it comes to shooting capability, the nail gun ensures you enjoy shooting of 15.5 and 16 staples ranging from 1 to 2 inches. Besides, its ‘L’ cleat ranges from 1-1/2 inch to 2 –inches. The 2 in 1 magazine capacity can handle 100 staples/cleats for your time-consuming projects.
Are you impressed with easy-to-control flooring nailers? You are never left out when it comes to the Ramsond RMM4 2-in-1. It is highly durable for contractual or industrial quality standards.
Step-up your project performance with this comfortable nailer, easy to control given the fact that it is light in weight and very responsive to the shooting.
Furthermore, to make your investment count, it brings to your experience extra-wide composite of durable die-cast for job site longevity and ability to maintain its weight low.
This is one of those high-performance flooring nailers you go for to be thrilled by the way it handles protection scratches of the flooring surface. This is credited to its extra-wide composite non-marring base plate dedicated to extra stability.
- Has long handle ultra-padded for stable gripping, balance, safety and operating control
- Internally drive blade construction heat treated for tough tasks with hardened steel
- Quick to drive fasteners thanks to the smart composite steel design
- Ensures protection against damage of surfaces from marring
- Patented and Multifunctional having met ISO certification
- Able to shoot staples and cleat nails from the same gun without magazine changing
- Comes with patented booster chamber for maximized driving force on nails
- Handles virtually all thickness of hardwood flooring
- Durable and die-cast
- Lightweight and comfortable to hold
- Boasts compressed air pressure of (60 – 120 PSI)
- You have to adjust depth pressure
Factory-Reconditioned BOSTITCH U/MFN-201
Some of the installers might still prefer to do manual installation; this cleat nailer is a perfect choice. It’s engineered to operate without an air compressor or hose when driving quickly fasteners.
Remarkably, if you happen to be interested in flooring nailers that emphasized in effective project handling but still provide you the maximum comfort, the Factory-Reconditioned BOSTITCH U/MFN-201 should be your priority tool.
Enjoy the capability to install pre-finished and unfinished flooring on a thickness of 1/2-Inch to 3/4-Inch. Impressively, the tool has been reconditioned to deliver better on projects.
- It’s a graphic mallet boasting ergonomic gripping
- Comes with selectable drive mode to choose between single and multi-blow options
- Has rubber bumpers to protect pre-finished floors against marring
- Able to Install 1/2-Inch, 5/8-Inch and 3/4-Inch flooring
- Comes with included flooring adaptors, mallet and hex wrenches
- Provided with a carrying case for physical protection and storage
- Some crafts of this tool might have cosmetic blemishes
3PLUS HFSNSP 2-in-1 Pneumatic Flooring Nailer
If you ever need a solid and stable flooring nailer to complete your project without any need for its replacement, the 3PLUS HFSNSP 2-in-1 is just the perfect solution.
The 2 in 1 tool comes with the outstanding capability of shooting both 15 – 1/2 gauge staples and 16 gauge L cleats using the same flooring nailer and its magazine.
Every moment you hold your flooring nailer, the last thing you expect is a tool that slips off your hands. This is why the 3PLUS HFSNSP 2-in-1 Pneumatic Flooring Nailer/Stapler has a long handle padded for stable gripping.
I like the idea behind the convenience of removing the long handle and replacing with the short one. It means regardless of the size of your hand, this nail gun has you in mind. Notably, the kit comes with a set of flooring plates to match to various sizes of floorings.
Therefore, count on this flooring tool able to go through ¼ inch shoe plate for ¾ inch for thick hardwood and 5/6 inch shoe plate for ½ inch thick hardwood flooring.
- Comes with a removable long handle for stable control when nailing
- Provides interchangeable flooring plates for all sizes of flooring
- Has included mallet with white rubber
- Comes with a ¼ inch NPT air inlet
- Can’t work without air compressor
BOSTITCH MFN200 Manual Flooring Nailer
I passionately like this pneumatic not just because it is lightweight but also it’s incredibly comfortable to control, thanks to its long handle.
For solid woodworking, it comes L-shaped with serrated cleats into tongue and groove. Depend on it to tackle all your solid and engineered hardwood flooring installations.
Apart from that, the BOSTITCH MFN200 Manual Flooring Cleat Nailer is designed to ensure your last you for long, courtesy of its rubber bumpers along the tool body, perfected to protect the floor from damage.
Wondering what are the magazine features? This model is remarkably able to load 200 cleat nails.
The magazine is dedicated to heightened speed and efficiency without the need of having to constantly reload. This helps you proceed with projects handling on schedule.
Additionally, it embraces the mallet actuated system able to drive 1-1/2- to 2-inch L-shaped flooring cleats. This an enjoyable tool to use for floor installers.
- Backed by a 7-year warranty
- Lightweight aluminum-made, easy-to-use and drives L-shaped cleats with a single blow
- Rubber bumper protects flooring
- Comes with white-faced rubber mallet
- Has high speed and efficiency
- Might feel a little bit tiring for a beginner
3PLUS HFS509040SP Flooring Stapler
This is one of the best 4 in 1 models with the superb capability to shoot 18 gauge brad nails including narrow crown staples.
If you want to do flooring installations of up to 5/8 inches, this is the right choice for a nail gun to use. Be able to convert it to a standard combination of a stapler/brad nailer for winding up your tasks by just switching its nose.
You will be impressed by the fact that it is lightweight with a die-cast magnesium body for easy control and longevity.
- Comes with tool-free jam release
- Tool-free adjustable depth control capability for proper setting of nail heads
- Embraces use of a 360-degree Multi-directional air deflection to direct away exhaust air from user
- Suitable for 1/4”-5/8” engineered or solid hardwood flooring
- Convertible as a conventional stapler cum brad nailer
- Uses 18 gauge brad nails from 3/4” to 2”
- Handles 18 gauge narrow crown staples with 1/4” crown from 5/8” to 1-1/2” in length
- I still don’t find a smooth depth adjustment
Ramsond RMM4 Air Hardwood Flooring Nailer
Lastly, is the Ramsond RMM4 2-in-1 Air, your dedicated nail gun for quality and longevity, thanks to its reliable performance.
With over 30,000 units sold in N. America, this Ramsond brand is a household name that seeks to transform your woodworking tasks into an enjoyable experience, thanks to its convenient long handle ultra-padded and cushioned for comfortable handling.
Do you like a stable, balanced and safe nail gun? The Ramsond RMM4 2-in-1 Air Hardwood Flooring Cleat Nailer and Stapler Gun will serve you like you intended.
The patented combination of 2 in 1 hardwood cleat nailer and stapler is a true engineering innovation for your projects demands.
It shoots “L” cleat ranging from 1-1/2″ to 2″ of cleat nails and 15.5 and 16 gauge staples ranging from 1 to 2 inches staples. The magazine capacity is an amazing 100 for both the cleats and staples. This is a versatile flooring nailer you trust with your projects hard jobs.
Enjoy some of the best durability features of this nail gun made of die-cast alloy. Besides, you stand to have extra-wide composite non-marring base plate emphasized for stability and avoid instances of scratches of the flooring surface.
- Has long handle ultra-padded with cushioned grip for comfortable and stable control
- Well-balanced body design with ergonomic long-reach handle for padded and comfortable grip
- Has internally placed driver blade touch and hardened for rough tasks
- Certified by ISO having met quality standards
- Powered by compressed air of 60 – 120 PSI
- Boasts maximum driving force and speed
- Has non-marring base system to protect against floor damage
- Durable with lightweight die-cast body
- 2 in 1 hardwood flooring stapler and cleat nailer
- Adjustable base plate ideal for hardwood floors
- Comes with mallet, goggles, 4 Allen wrenches, blow-molded carrying case and a lot more
- I still feel the nailing speed isn’t my match for big projects
Best Pneumatic Flooring nailer
Estwing EFL50Q Pneumatic Flooring Stapler
With enough strength of the drive blade made of steel, the tool can last long even with hundreds of floor workings of the tool. It has a strong body made of aluminum that increases the durability of the tool as a whole.
Tired of blisters and hand injury every time you work? Here comes the undoubted model that provides a sure shocking absorbing grip that is coated with a plastic material to reduce friction. You can freely swing the tool without injuring your arm.
The machine is designed to rest on touch-down plates that can be interchanged to suit the size of the floor you are working on. It’s only the plates that can be changed but the tool remains one Estwing EFL50Q.
What works best is a machine that is well supplied with air. This model contains an air filter that ensures the engine runs efficiently and a cap that blows dust away.
- Works well with thick hardwoods of any size since it can use nails of strong gauges.
- Made of lightweight materials of aluminum thus portable.
- Anyone can operate this tool as it does not require any special skills.
- Comes with a padded storage bag to keep the tool safe.
- Have interchangeable base plates to suit the floor sizes being worked on.
- Has a comfortable grip and good balance.
- This model can use only ‘L’ shaped cleats and therefore you might need another tool to drive ‘T’ shaped cleats.
- When the tool is not properly maintained, there might be cases of malfunction.
- May cause muscle straining if not held in correct position.
BOSTICH EHF1838K Flooring Stapler
Bostich EHF1838 is a perfect tool made of light materials of aluminum but very durable. Such materials are those used in airplanes to make it light, strong though.
The presence of base plates helps the person working on floors to be stable and accurately nail on the plate. This will avoid damaging of already fixed floors and definitely reduce work done.
The comfortable grip that the person working on floors feels is due to its long handle fitted with rubber to lessen friction. The nailer also has a feel of extra control of the tool because it has a long handle.
How sweet is it to possess another tool just because of buying one other? Purchase of BOSTICH EHF1838K guarantees possession of a mallet made of rubber that works hand in hand with it.
What makes you want to use this tool over and over with least regret is the well-fixed exhaust at the back that channels the strong air away from you that you will not even feel that there is any. The strong air also doesn’t have an effect on the surrounding.
- Has base plates for stability and accurate nailing
- Can be used with thick hardwoods.
- Designed perfectly to weigh less and be balanced.
- Rubber handle for added comfort
- No special skills to use the tool.
- Has a good air inlet system to make the engine last long and a quick drive in of the nails.
- The tool only works with ‘L’ shaped cleats; you might, therefore, need another tool to drive the ‘T’ shaped cleats.
- The tool might misfire if right measures are not taken to shoot the nails in.
- Works with only thick flooring and therefore might need nails of only specific gauge
How To Pick The Best Pneumatic Flooring Nailer
One secret to satisfying your wants completely and without regret is to be keen on your choices and be wise while making them. To get the best of the above pneumatic flooring nailer, there are several factors to consider before purchasing one. As a buyer, take into consideration the factors discussed below:
Size of materials involved
The thickness of the hardwoods, for example, is an important factor to consider while choosing the model of pneumatic flooring staplers/nailers. Therefore, for floors that require thick hardwoods and not all models can work with such sizes of wood. You are therefore advised to get clear information on all models to know that works perfectly well with thick hardwoods.
The users of the tools may not necessarily purchase a kind of tool for personal use only, some buyers make the tool commercial and therefore require daily ferrying to and from work, you need to get the model that has a relative lightweight for easy transportation. Know that different models come with different weights.
One will always check the handle of the tool before buying because it is the central point of control. A comfortable firm grip of the tool is needed for smooth running of the flooring works. Ensure handles are padded with rubbers to avoid injuries and blisters on the hand.
Shape of cleats
Not all models of pneumatic flooring nailers work with both shapes of cleats, i.e. ‘T’ and ‘L’ shaped cleats. You should, therefore, have a clear knowledge of the cleats to be used before purchasing the tool. This is the decision of least regret; you will have the best tool to work with. Some models use only ‘L’ shaped cleats that are why it is important to consider such a factor.
Choosing a model with added features such as anti-dust cap and hand gloves to protect the hand is advantageous because you will not need to buy such accessories again.
How To Choose The Best Flooring Nailer
You need to take into account many aspects when identifying your flooring nailer of choice to ensure you get value for your investment and achieve desired objectives without much of the hustle. These include;
Most flooring nailers tend to be similar but ensure the material build is solid and of high quality. For safety reasons, the handle should have comfortable gripping for not only effective control of the nail gun but also fast flooring projects.
It should not be as heavy or as light but strike balanced strength for your tough woodworking. Let the capacity of its magazine be suitable for tasks at hand and easy to load.
You definitely want value for your expenses. This is why you need to check the tool that matches your demands and strike the right budget balance you can afford. Remember, the material-cost factor is imperative to identify a durable tool.
The extra accessories
If your nail gun comes with comes with additional accessories these should include a replaceable base, mallet, compressor hose fitting, lubricating oil, adjusting wrenches and much more.
Other factors to consider
- Power source to be used
- Type of nail and staples the nail gun drives
- Reliability and certification of the brand
- Safety of use among others
Your choice of the best flooring nailer would make all the difference when it comes to quickly handling your projects effectively. Therefore, it is imperative to ensure that your nail gun boasts durability and strength you can rely on. As a DIY’er or contracted professional, have the most enjoyable experience with any of these top ten brands for heightened performance. They are remarkable household brands worth your time.
I hope this in-depth focus leaves will leave you informed for a choice that will inspire your commitment to outstanding results. How about the most out of your flooring nailer reviews? Your projects deserve these best tool accessories