Hardwood floors give your home the best look. But how do you ensure that you install the hardwood floors accurately for that adorable look? We all know how hand nailing hardwood floor is a tedious and time-consuming project. This is why you need to have the best pneumatic flooring nailer that will make your work simple.
If you have a top quality pneumatic flooring nailer, you can install hardwood floors accurately and efficiently without taking up too much time. I made this article to help you pick the right pneumatic flooring nailer that will simplify your work. Check my selection of the best tools that will give you an easy time when installing hardwood floors.
Table Of Content
- 5 Best Pneumatic Flooring Nailer- Comparison Chart
- Our Top Selection Of Best Pneumatic Flooring Nailer Reviews
- How to Choose the Best Pneumatic Flooring Nailer
- Final Words
5 Best Pneumatic Flooring Nailer- Comparison Chart
|NuMax SFL618||Pneumatic Tool||15.8 Pounds|
|Freeman PFL618BR||Pneumatic Tool||12 Pounds|
|Estwing EFL50Q||Air Powered||9.2 Pounds|
|3 PLUS HFSNSP||Air Powered||15.5 Pounds|
|BOSTICH EHF1838K||Air Powered||8.8 Pounds|
Our Top Selection Of Best Pneumatic Flooring Nailer Reviews
NuMax SFL618 Pneumatic Flooring Stapler
The comfort felt using the long padded grip of NuMax SFL618 is so sufficient that you do not feel any burden doing the flooring works. It’s with this comfort that driving nails get the firm grip while working.
Having one tool that is capable of using both staples/nails of ‘L’ shape and ‘T’ shape is enough to say that it’s the best. Considering the fact that you need only one tool to drive both shapes of nails/staples. In other words, it is flexible.
The perfect protection of the tool against wear and tear is the interchangeable bases of the tool that also enhance extra stability.
Go for a perfect tool that does not make you stop your work unexpectedly, thanks to NuMax SFL618 model that notifies you when the nails in the magazine are almost exhausted. You will definitely not like it driving no nail when the magazine is empty and you have no information.
You can always count on NuMax SFL618 model if you need a tool that can last longer compared to other models, it is manufactured from quality materials are durable.
- Comes along with other equipment such as gun to drive nails/staples and magazine to hold nails/staples
- Does not require skilled personnel to operate the tool.
- Regularly warns you when the tool is about to run short of nails/staples.
- Its drive plate has an ability to drive plates of two different plates.
- Has a well-molded handle that does not easily tire your hand.
- Made of good quality materials that enhance its durability.
- Can cause straining due to its relatively heavy weight if not held in correct position.
- The tool engine might not work perfectly if there are air leaks.
- Might not be the perfect tool if you need accurate nailing/stapling
Freeman PFL618BR Pneumatic Flooring Stapler
Have the right tool for your flooring with Freeman PFL618. It does not strain your back or bring injuries. It is manufactured in a way that makes the user comfortable while using and prevents unnecessary arching of the back.
Be confident of Freeman PFL618 because if it’s strong nature and undoubted durability. It is made up of quality materials that do not easily wear.
The unique way of manufacturing Freeman PFL618 amazes, its outer case is coated with plastic for complete protection of the tool.
Thanks to its base plate that can be interchanged, that is you can use materials/ hardwood that are of varying thickness, not requiring another tool but only changing its plates.
Do you love the freedom of working with a single hand? It’s because of its portability nature that you can enjoy such freedom, due to its relatively small size.
The three in one nature is advantageous because one can sufficiently use three different fasteners at a go.
- It is ergonomic in nature, i.e. it is designed to bring comfort and avoid straining and injuries.
- Materials used to manufacture are quality, lightweight and durable.
- It is small and can be easily moved from place to place.
- Freeman PFL618 can use both staples and nails.
- Uses three different fasteners
- Has an outer case made of plastic and a stable base
- Contains other accessories such as the magazine to be packed with nails/staples.
- Freeman PFl618 is not suitable for use on thick floors
- It has a nailer that becomes relatively heavy when packed with high capacity of nails.
- Few cases of tool jamming if not properly maintained
Estwing EFL50Q Pneumatic Flooring Stapler
With enough strength of the drive blade made of steel, the tool can last long even with hundreds of floor workings of the tool. It has a strong body made of aluminum that increases the durability of the tool as a whole.
Tired of blisters and hand injury every time you work? Here comes the undoubted model that provides a sure shocking absorbing grip that is coated with a plastic material to reduce friction. You can freely swing the tool without injuring your arm.
The machine is designed to rest on touch-down plates that can be interchanged to suit the size of the floor you are working on. It’s only the plates that can be changed but the tool remains one Estwing EFL50Q.
What works best is a machine that is well supplied with air. This model contains an air filter that ensures the engine runs efficiently and a cap that blows dust away.
- Works well with thick hardwoods of any size since it can use nails of strong gauges.
- Made of lightweight materials of aluminum thus portable.
- Anyone can operate this tool as it does not require any special skills.
- Comes with a padded storage bag to keep the tool safe.
- Have interchangeable base plates to suit the floor sizes being worked on.
- Has a comfortable grip and good balance.
- This model can use only ‘L’ shaped cleats and therefore you might need another tool to drive ‘T’ shaped cleats.
- When the tool is not properly maintained, there might be cases of malfunction.
- May cause muscle straining if not held in correct position.
3 PLUS HFSNSP Pneumatic flooring stapler
Which another model can really work best with your hands? 3 PLUS HFSNSP gives you the comfort you need by giving you the opportunity to switch the handles, the long and the short handles. You have the freedom to choose what works best for you.
Count on this model whenever you want to buy one tool that comes with an added accessories. It is fitted with a white rubber mallet that is firm to add power to the floor so as not to get damaged.
Nailing is made easy for you even with thick hardwoods, you are assured of a satisfying depth that fasteners go with strong drive plate made of steel that the tool has. This is a professional tool for thick hardwood.
The lightweight feature of this model is what most buyers will look for, yes, you found it. The light but durable and quality material this model is made of gives it good opportunity to get to the users who in turn enjoy the efficiency that comes with it.
The tool provides an alternative to its base plates where the user can use the base plate efficient for thick hardwood flooring and later use the base plate efficient for less thick wood flooring.
- It is the only model that gives the freedom of choosing the size of the handle to use since it has adjustable long and short handles.
- Gives alternative base plates to suit the size of the floor.
- Has a lightweight thus easy to move.
- A well-maintained tool can last longer.
- It comes with added accessories
- The tool may jam if the engine does not get supplied with enough air.
- There are misfires when you do not drive fasteners accurately fasteners
BOSTICH EHF1838K Flooring Stapler
Bostich EHF1838 is a perfect tool made of light materials of aluminum but very durable. Such materials are those used in airplanes to make it light, strong though.
The presence of base plates helps the person working on floors to be stable and accurately nail on the plate. This will avoid damaging of already fixed floors and definitely reduce work done.
The comfortable grip that the person working on floors feels is due to its long handle fitted with rubber to lessen friction. The nailer also has a feel of extra control of the tool because it has a long handle.
How sweet is it to possess another tool just because of buying one other? Purchase of BOSTICH EHF1838K guarantees possession of a mallet made of rubber that works hand in hand with it.
What makes you want to use this tool over and over with least regret is the well-fixed exhaust at the back that channels the strong air away from you that you will not even feel that there is any. The strong air also doesn’t have an effect on the surrounding.
- Has base plates for stability and accurate nailing
- Can be used with thick hardwoods.
- Designed perfectly to weigh less and be balanced.
- Rubber handle for added comfort
- No special skills to use the tool.
- Has a good air inlet system to make the engine last long and a quick drive in of the nails.
- The tool only works with ‘L’ shaped cleats; you might, therefore, need another tool to drive the ‘T’ shaped cleats.
- The tool might misfire if right measures are not taken to shoot the nails in.
- Works with only thick flooring and therefore might need nails of only specific gauge
How to Choose the Best Pneumatic Flooring Nailer
One secret to satisfying your wants completely and without regret is to be keen on your choices and be wise while making them. To get the best of the above pneumatic flooring nailer, there are several factors to consider before purchasing one. As a buyer, take into consideration the factors discussed below:
Size of materials involved
The thickness of the hardwoods, for example, is an important factor to consider while choosing the model of pneumatic flooring staplers/nailers. Therefore, for floors that require thick hardwoods and not all models can work with such sizes of wood. You are therefore advised to get clear information on all models to know that works perfectly well with thick hardwoods.
The users of the tools may not necessarily purchase a kind of tool for personal use only, some buyers make the tool commercial and therefore require daily ferrying to and from work, you need to get the model that has a relative lightweight for easy transportation. Know that different models come with different weights.
One will always check the handle of the tool before buying because it is the central point of control. A comfortable firm grip of the tool is needed for smooth running of the flooring works. Ensure handles are padded with rubbers to avoid injuries and blisters on the hand.
Shape of cleats
Not all models of pneumatic flooring nailers work with both shapes of cleats, i.e. ‘T’ and ‘L’ shaped cleats. You should, therefore, have a clear knowledge of the cleats to be used before purchasing the tool. This is the decision of least regret; you will have the best tool to work with. Some models use only ‘L’ shaped cleats that are why it is important to consider such a factor.
Choosing a model with added features such as anti-dust cap and hand gloves to protect the hand is advantageous because you will not need to buy such accessories again.
If you want to install hardwood floors, it is great if you get the best pneumatic flooring nailer for the job. The above tools I have discussed above are top rated on the market and I believe you will be in a position to pick the best. The above flooring nailers are lightweight and give ample power required to install hardwood floors.